SRC/ ASUAF Fee Initiative Survey
Did you know that as the UAF student body, you can create and amend your own student fees to fund programs and services that you value?
Your ASUAF Student Government is considering some changes to the following student-created/controlled fees:
- The Student Government Fee (Currently $42, assessed at 3 credits on UAF campus)
- SRC fee (Currently $75, assessed at 9 credits at UAF)
We want to know what you think about these fees. Please take a moment to answer a few questions for us.
House Finance University Sub- Committee Accepting Public Comment
The House Finance University Budget Sub-Committee, chaired by
Representative Guttenberg, is soliciting public input pertaining to the
The public comment period opened Feb. 14 and will wrap up at 5 p.m. next
Tuesday, February 21. I encourage you to share your thoughts on the
university, the university's budget, or on programs or activities that are
important priorities to you. We have information pertaining to the budget
and other resources available at www.alaska.edu/state/sessionandbudget/
When communicating with the legislature please do not use university email
or other university resources, and please do so on your own time, such as
during lunch or after work.
Your feedback will be utilized as the sub-committee develops budget
recommendations to send to the full Finance Committee. They will be using
the Legislative Information Office’s Public Opinion Message System to
facilitate this process. If you wish to send an online POM go to:
You may also mail, fax or hand deliver your signed message to your local
Legislative Information Office. A listing of Alaska LIO locations can be
found here: http://akleg.gov/lios.php.
Spring Elections Now Underway!
Want to run for an office at ASUAF? Positions for President, Vice President, and SEVEN Senate Seats are now open! If you have any questions, or don't know where to start, stop by our office!
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- Petitions are due 5pm Thursday, March 9th in the ASUAF office
- Mandatory meeting for all candidates 5:15pm Thursday, March 9th in the ASUAF office
- Candidate Forums Monday-Tuesday March 20-21, 1-2pm
- Online Elections 12am Wednesday March 22 - 11:59pm Friday, March 31
- Physical polls open Thursday-Friday March 30-31
Petitions can be found below:
Travel Funding Now Available!
*GENERAL INFO & ELIGIBILITY:*
- Only ASUAF MEMBERS in good academic standing may apply (students who are taking 3+ credits on UAF campus this semester and have paid the Student Government fee are automatically members)
- Travel must occur before graduation.
- Applications may be submitted for INDIVIDUALS or GROUPS
- Purpose for the travel must meet at least one of the following
- To make an academic presentation (paper, speech, etc.)
- To attend leadership conference or perform public/humanitarian
- To attend a conference, seminar, or symposium relating to
traveler’s academic studies
- To attend conference, seminar, or symposium relating to club or
- To perform research relating to traveler’s academic pursuits.
- Funding is only applicable to LODGING and TRANSPORTATION.
- Travel may occur between JULY 1st, 2016, and MAY 31st, 2017.
Gender Inclusive Awards at UAF
In response to the Department of Education, UAF has been working on creating a more gender inclusive environment for all students and staff. Specifically, UAF is directing their attention to the awards given at graduation, including "Outstanding Student Award", which is currently separated into male and female categories. Please take a moment to fill out this short (2 question) survey, giving your opinion on this subject.
Student Government Perks Program
Congratulations to the ASUAF Student Affairs Committee, along with the help of local businesses to pass the Senate Bill of Student Government Perks program! With this program in place, students will be able to show their UAF PolarExpress ID at selected businesses, and receive a discounted price for certain goods! For a full list of businesses and discounts, click here.
Election Results are In!
ASUAF Fall Elections are now closed! Thank you all for voting! Here are the positions and the top voted individuals:
Regent Seat: Colby Freel
Student Commissioner: Melissa Clark (write in)
Senate Seats: Brian Holst, Molly O'Scannell, Raymundo Lopez, Georgia Durden, Dawson Mann, Samuel Mitchell (write in), and Erik Rickards (write in).
To see the official results for details, runners- up and poll questions, click this link
Thank you all for voting!
President Freel's Message to the Student Body
There has been a lot of attention towards recent Title IX policies and procedures. As your Student Government, it is our duty to let you know what is being done by ASUAF, along with the University. Click on the attached document to read more.
ASUAF Committee Meeting Times
Meeting times for the ASUAF Committees have been decided for the Spring semester. Each committee is tasked with discussing the legislation that is assigned to at the previous Sunday's Senate meeting. All meetings are open to the public, and attendance is encouraged. For more information on committees, check out the ASUAF Senate Committees. All meetings are held in the ASUAF Office, located in the Wood Center.
Internal Affairs Committee: Wednesdays at 1pm
Public Relations Committee: Fridays at 1pm
Executive Committee: Fridays at 2:15pm
Student Affairs Committee: Thursdays at 1pm
Check out the current legislation page to find out more about legislation currently in committee and to see which committee is responsible for discussing it.