Travel Funding NOW OPEN!
Applications for ASUAF Travel Funding are now available
follow this link or visit our office to apply today!
Applications are due NOVEMBER 4TH AT 5PM
-*GENERAL INFO & ELIGIBILITY:*
- Only ASUAF MEMBERS in good academic standing may apply (students who
are taking 3+ credits on UAF campus this semester and have paid the Student
Government fee are automatically members)
- Travel must occur before graduation.
- Applications may be submitted for INDIVIDUALS or GROUPS
- Purpose for the travel must meet at least one of the following
- To make an academic presentation (paper, speech, etc.)
- To attend leadership conference or perform public/humanitarian
- To attend a conference, seminar, or symposium relating to
traveler’s academic studies
- To attend conference, seminar, or symposium relating to club or
- To perform research relating to traveler’s academic pursuits.
- Funding is only applicable to LODGING and TRANSPORTATION.
- Travel may occur between JULY 1st, 2016, and MAY 31st, 2017.
Strategic Pathways, Program Reviews, and Single Accreditation
As many of you know, the University of Alaska system is currently facing a lot of changes as a result of recent budget cuts.
ASUAF has prepared a short video with ASUAF President Colby Freel discussing some of the issues currently challenging the University. The video can be found here.
Please take the time to watch the video and complete a brief survey on the topics discussed. The survey can be found here.
As your student government, ASUAF wants to ensure that students are aware of potential changes and how they could be affected by them. ASUAF also wants to provide students with the opportunity to offer feedback and express concerns.
ASUAF wants to hear your opinion.
What's going on at ASUAF?
ASUAF Spring 2016 Elections Results!
The results from the spring elections can be found below!
Thank you to everyone who helped out at the polling stations and to all students who participated in voting!
PDF Version: Elections Results
ASUAF Committee Meeting Times
Meeting times for the ASUAF Committees have been decided for the Spring semester. Each committee is tasked with discussing the legislation that is assigned to at the previous Sunday's Senate meeting. All meetings are open to the public, and attendance is encouraged. For more information on committees, check out the ASUAF Senate Committees. All meetings are held in the ASUAF Office, located in the Wood Center.
Internal Affairs Committee: TBA for Fall Semester
Public Relations Committee: Fridays at 1pm
Executive Committee: Mondays at 3pm
Student Affairs Committee: Wednesdays at 1pm
Check out the current legislation page to find out more about legislation currently in committee and to see which committee is responsible for discussing it.