Spring 2017 Official Election Results
Spring 2017 Official Election results will not be posted until this Sunday, April 16th after the Senate meeting. We apologize for any trouble this may bring. Please contact the ASUAF Office if you have any questions or concerns regarding Spring Elections.
Spring 2017 Election Results
ASUAF Spring Elections are now closed! Thank you all for voting! Here are the positions and the top voted individuals:
President: Molly O'Scannell
Vice President: Dawson Mann
Senate Seats: Esau Sinnok, Raven palmer, chris martinez, sierra von hafften, ivik henry, david abrose ii, daniel dougherty (tied write in), bejamin boswell (tied write in)
To see the unofficial results for details, runners- up and poll questions, click this link
Thank you all for voting!
Travel Funding Now Available!
*GENERAL INFO & ELIGIBILITY:*
- Only ASUAF MEMBERS in good academic standing may apply (students who are taking 3+ credits on UAF campus this semester and have paid the Student Government fee are automatically members)
- Travel must occur before graduation.
- Applications may be submitted for INDIVIDUALS or GROUPS
- Purpose for the travel must meet at least one of the following
- To make an academic presentation (paper, speech, etc.)
- To attend leadership conference or perform public/humanitarian
- To attend a conference, seminar, or symposium relating to
traveler’s academic studies
- To attend conference, seminar, or symposium relating to club or
- To perform research relating to traveler’s academic pursuits.
- Funding is only applicable to LODGING and TRANSPORTATION.
- Travel may occur between JULY 1st, 2016, and MAY 31st, 2017.
Student Government Perks Program
Congratulations to the ASUAF Student Affairs Committee, along with the help of local businesses to pass the Senate Bill of Student Government Perks program! With this program in place, students will be able to show their UAF PolarExpress ID at selected businesses, and receive a discounted price for certain goods! For a full list of businesses and discounts, click here.
Election Results are In!
ASUAF Fall Elections are now closed! Thank you all for voting! Here are the positions and the top voted individuals:
Regent Seat: Colby Freel
Student Commissioner: Melissa Clark (write in)
Senate Seats: Brian Holst, Molly O'Scannell, Raymundo Lopez, Georgia Durden, Dawson Mann, Samuel Mitchell (write in), and Erik Rickards (write in).
To see the official results for details, runners- up and poll questions, click this link
Thank you all for voting!
President Freel's Message to the Student Body
There has been a lot of attention towards recent Title IX policies and procedures. As your Student Government, it is our duty to let you know what is being done by ASUAF, along with the University. Click on the attached document to read more.
ASUAF Committee Meeting Times
Meeting times for the ASUAF Committees have been decided for the Spring semester. Each committee is tasked with discussing the legislation that is assigned to at the previous Sunday's Senate meeting. All meetings are open to the public, and attendance is encouraged. For more information on committees, check out the ASUAF Senate Committees. All meetings are held in the ASUAF Office, located in the Wood Center.
Internal Affairs Committee: Wednesdays at 1pm
Public Relations Committee: Fridays at 1pm
Executive Committee: Fridays at 2:15pm
Student Affairs Committee: Thursdays at 1pm
Check out the current legislation page to find out more about legislation currently in committee and to see which committee is responsible for discussing it.