The ASUAF Senate is the legislative body of ASUAF and is comprised of fourteen students from the University of Alaska Fairbanks. The Senate meets every Sunday during the academic year (unless otherwise noted) at 1:30pm in Wood Center C/D, located on your right as you enter Constitution Hall.
Senators are responsible for:
- Allocating fee money, and passing the annual ASUAF Budget each spring.
- Approving all Senate and Presidential appointments.
- Voting on all legislation and many other actions taken by the Senate.
- Attending all ASUAF Senate meetings, and serving on at least one Senate Committee.
- Serving two weekly office hours in the ASUAF office.
Senators are expected to participate in one of the following committees during their tenure:
- Executive Committee
- Internal Affairs Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Student Affairs Committee
Become a Senator!
Find out more: Click Here